POST-CONSTRUCTION CLEANING IS A CLEANING SERVICE DONE TO NEW OR RENOVATED BUILDINGS
From the word itself, “post-construction,” it is understood that this cleaning is done after a completed construction job. A construction contractor may do a general cleaning of debris as they work, but detailed cleaning of the site after the job, is not their responsibility. This is where 509 Facility Services comes in. This type of cleaning is done to the entire facility from top to bottom and doesn’t just simply mean sweeping floors, carpet cleaning and surface areas.
Below are some of the cleaning requirements included in a 509 Facility Services Post-Construction Clean*:*
- Walls are clean and are free from marks, dirt, and smudges
- Power washing and cleaning of windows and frames
- Plastic/sticker removal from furniture, windows, and doors
- Dusting, wet and dry, of ceilings, lights, fans, heaters
- Floors, that are free from debris, especially on edges and corners, are clean and polished
- Vacuum cleaning
- Trim cleaning
- Threshold cleaning
- Cleaning of all appliances, cabinets, and shelves from inside and out
- Proper disposal of trash and debris
- Addressing of any safety issues, loose wires, and leaks, to the construction contractors
- Detailed checking, for the last time, of all the space, corners and inner surfaces once the cleaning is completely done
THE 509 FACILITY SERVICES CLEANING REQUIREMENTS ABOVE ARE BEING DONE ONE STEP AT A TIME THROUGH THE THREE PHASES OF POST-CONSTRUCTION CLEANING.
PHASE 1: ROUGH CLEAN
After all the necessary installation of electric works, plumbing, and framing, this is where the first phase takes place. Removal of large items is the first and foremost step in this phase; items such as debris, trash, leftover materials, and other items that cannot be vacuumed. General sweeping or vacuuming will then follow. Removal, but not the cleaning, of stickers from doors and windows, are also included in this phase.
PHASE 2: LIGHT CLEAN
Out of the three phases in the post-construction cleaning, the “light clean” is the most inclusive and requires the most cleaning equipment/tools. Rooms like restrooms and kitchens, those that serve a unique purpose, will receive the most attention. Sinks, toilets, windows, cabinets are just some of the installed items that are being thoroughly cleaned on this phase. This phase is one of the reasons why clients hire a 509 Facility Services to ensure attention to detail is addressed.
509 Facility Services, uses the newest & most effective cleaning equipment and tools to ensure the areas mentioned above and surfaces such as air ducts are clean and free of dust. Further cleaning of the areas with stickers done is also being dealt with here; areas such as windows, glass areas, doors, walls, and such. After this phase, it is one step closer to the moving-in of clients.
PHASE 3: FINAL CLEAN
Final Cleaning or the Touch-Up Cleaning is the last phase. This happens several days after the second phase, for the reason that dust and dirt may still settle; with this, the cleaning crew will still have time to pay more attention to the final clearing of dust. More than usual, this phase takes only a short time because the usual things that are being cleared on this point are smudges, fingerprints and other imperfections from the areas that were cleaned on the earlier phases.
Post-construction cleaning needs full time and attention and may take a few days to be finished. For a construction contractor that has lots on their plate, this activity is not that easy to manage. Construction contractors are already focused on creating the building and the additional load of cleaning up their mess is such a burden. Therefore, hiring 509 Facility Services, for cleaning needs is the most beneficial for the client.
If the construction contractor doesn’t offer additional cleaning services, some clients may think to just skip the hiring of professional cleaners and just do this by DIY cleaning, but this must be decided wisely. Inner and hidden sections of the building that most people have no idea with can be overlooked if cleaning will just be done by the clients and not by professionals. This is too risky as it can pose a threat to the safety and health of the people who will occupy the building.
TO FURTHER UNDERSTAND, HERE ARE SOME OF THE IMPORTANCE OF HIRING PROFESSIONAL CLEANERS:
- The safety of people who will occupy the space will be a priority. No need to worry about a nail being left on the garage, or dust that can be a caused of breathing problems.
- Professional cleaners have the right skills and equipment; therefore, they are expected to give professional results – no paint spatters and un-removed stickers and dust.
- The entire facility will be thoroughly cleaned and be move-in ready.
- With years of experience and having the appropriate training, professional cleaners will know the top spot that needs more attention.
- Nothing will be left behind; exterior space will be cleaned and be given attention as well.
- Cleaning will be done one at a time, following the three phases of post-construction cleaning.